Thursday, February 11, 2010

Update # 3 - Big News

So Troy and I have taken the plunge, we've got a Salmon in the oven. I am currently 3 months and 2 weeks pregnant! The 3 pregnancy tests that I took all said positive and all the symptoms have been there, but it wasn't until yesterday that all doubt was wiped from my mind. Yesterday was my first doctor's appointment and we were able to have an ultrasound and hear the baby's heartbeat. It was one of the coolest most sweetest moments of my life. We watched this little human on the screen having a little dance party in my belly. It was so cute to see it's tiny arms and legs kicking and waving around. We could see it's heart beating away in it's chest like crazy and I just couldn't believe that was inside me! It was pretty incredible. I can't wait for my next appointment.

So far I have been pretty lucky with my pregnancy. I haven't been too sick and I've been able to carry on with life like normal for the most part. The only time I feel really nauseous is when I am hungry so it's been pretty important for me to keep something in my stomach at all times. This means I have snacks with me where ever I go. I have several classes with some of the same people and I swear they must think I eat 24 hours of the day. I do have a pretty trigger happy gag reflex at the moment, but thankfully I haven't thrown up once. Those of you who know me well know that I have a ridiculously sensitive sense of smell. Well that sense of smell has been times by a hundred with my pregnancy, it's a little out of control and it doesn't help the gagging situation. Truthfully I really can't complain. I have been very blessed and thankfully it has not interfered with my classes and I am able to easily finish up my last semester.

So mark your calendar's for August 10th because that's when little baby Salmon should arrive. Look out world!

P.s. I'll post a picture of my ultrasound when I get it scanned



5 comments:

John Salmon said...

Congratulations!

Hope the Salmon comes out just right in August...

Alisha and Braeden said...

Congrats! I am so excited for you guys!

Ashley Smith said...

Hey Woman CONGRATS!!!!!!

Sara said...

mmm fresh baked salmon sounds good. CAN'T WAIT TO FIND OUT WHAT THE LITTLE THING IS!!! CONGRATSSSSSSSSSS

kalinda said...

that is so exciting. It is crazy to think of all of us being married and having kids, time goes by to fast.