Thursday, August 5, 2010

Baby Update

Well there's 4 days left until my due date and I thought I'd fill people in on my progress... or the lack thereof. I am currently not dilated at all and my doctor says this baby is showing no signs of coming out anytime soon. I suppose that's ok because I haven't made it to my due date yet, but I don't know how much longer my body can put up with this! I have had such an awesome pregnancy and so I shouldn't complain, but I really feel like my body is starting to shut down. My back is giving me some grief and by the end of the day my feet are unrecognizable and HUGE! I am also suffering from a serious lack of energy, just a trip to the grocery store takes it right out of me! The truth is I'd be willing to put up with this discomfort and WAY more if it means a healthy sweet little baby girl, but I would not be disappointed if she decided to make her appearance! My next appointment is on Tuesday which happens to be my due date. My Doctor says that if I haven't made any progress by then that we'll start looking at scheduling an induction. I like knowing that there's an end in sight by scheduling something, but I'd prefer her to come on her own so.... HURRY UP BABY!!! Oh by the way, we're naming her Pyper. The jury is still out on her middle name though.