Monday, July 20, 2009

4th of July Celebrations and Saylor's Baptism

Because the 4th fell on a Saturday this year, we had the 3rd off from work. It was a beautiful long weekend and one that I was really looking forward to. I spent Friday doing birthday present shopping for Troy and then headed over to my sister-in-law Cassie's place to get my hair done. I lvoe getting my hair done!! That night we headed out to a golf course in Bountiful that does a huge fireworks show the night before the 4th every year. We met up with Troy's family there. It was a lot of fun, we had loads of food and just ate and hung out until the show started. I knew I wasn't going to get through the night without being made fun of for being Canadian, and of course the moment I walk up Troy's brother asks me what I'm doing there because I'm not American, real funny Nick! Even with the harassment I had a really fun night and the fireworks were awesome. Here are some photos from the night.

Troy and his dad Il-Craigo



Troy couldn't resist taking this photo of me, I had managed to sit directly in front of the American Flag and he thought this was a beautiful site. Haha. God Bless America.



The kids getting their glow sticks from Whitney


Jess and Nick with Sawyer and Hal


Claire Bear


Dominica and Ron



Troy and I had rode the scooter to the golf course and were sure happy we did as we wizzed past the long line of cars and people heading home. That place was crazy!



The next morning we headed out to Riverton to attend my niece Saylor's baptism. It was the first time that I've attended a stake baptism. I think there were 5 kids getting baptised that day and they actually have the system down pat. It was pretty interesting. Anyways, I was very proud of Saylor and she looked absolutely gorgeous. She's a really good girl and we love her very much.



After the baptism we headed over to my sister's place for a delicious lunch and party. Troy and I then headed over to his parents place for a fun 4th of July pool party and more delicious food! I ate WAY too much that day.


Troy and I spent the night getting ready for our big trip to Canada we were going on the next day. We didn't have time to go see the fireworks by our house, but we could sure hear them! It was a good weekend! I hope all my American friends and family had a great 4th of July, this country sure knows how to celebrate!!

4 comments:

Callie said...

Such a pleasure running into you! I love being your friend :) and I'm glad you updated the blog. I love reading about your life and I love your blog and I love you! CAN'T WAIT to see you guys!

Cassie and Mason Green said...

Love the face in front of the flag..
I'm glad you've learned to party like an american! Or have we learned to party like a canadian??

Alisha and Braeden said...

Looks like you guys have been having some fun! Haha I love that picure of you in front of the flag. It makes me laugh. I am jealous you went to the Secondhand Serenade concert! They came to St. George but I had no one to go with! Hope I can see you sometime soon! If you ever drive through St. George and have time to stop and say hello then do!

Ruthie said...

I wish we could have been at the baptism too. That is such a pretty picture of Saylor and you. I can't believe she's grown up so fast. We are coming in a couple weeks. I hope we can see you!