It makes me so sad to think that I've already begun to forget little things that Piper did when she was a newborn and that was only 7 months ago! This post is an effort to preserve some of those memories.
Newborn to 2 Months Old
- 2 week Check up
Weight: 7 lbs 13 oz % 32
Height: 20" % 37
Head Circum: 36 %50
- Piper grunted all the time, particularly when she was sleeping. This resulted in her sleeping in our closet so I could get a little more sleep.
- Piper tuted ALL the time! Somehow she always knew the exact moment to let it rip in order to bring the most humiliation to her mother. ie. While standing next to a stranger in the grocery store. Of course I'm forced to make a comment to my baby like "Wow baby girl!" So people know it was not me.
- Had a little Jaundice
- The colic began
- Slept between 4 to 5 hours at night
- Went 4 hours between feedings during the day
- Went on her first trip to Lake Powell (5 weeks)
- Smiled for the first time (5 Weeks)
- Started to sleep a bit longer at night
- Colic hit it's peak (7 weeks)
- Laughed for the first time = HEAVEN!
2 Months Old
- 2 month Check up
Weight: 9 lbs 3 oz % 14
Height: 21.5" % 18
Head Cir: 37 %10
- Did not poop for 8 days (TMI?)
- LOVED the swing
- No more colic!!!!! (10 Weeks)
3 Months Old
- Started to watch and reach for things
- Loved to sit under her Ocean Wonders Play Mat
- Started to pay attention to the TV
- Happy happy girl!
- Went on her first plane ride & vacation to Hawaii. She was a perfect angel and loved to watch the waves.
4 Months Old
- Became very vocal and began to distract the Young Women from their lesson on Sundays
- Started to roll over back and forth
- Very ticklish
- Loved and still loves attention and does not like to be alone for too long
- First Christmas with the whole Salmon fam and most of the Kane clan in Utah
- First New Years in Nampa, Idaho
- Began to really enjoy her bath time while kicking and splashing in the water
5 Months Old
- Began her love for Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
- Fell in love with our cat Sushi
- Fell in love with her Jumperoo play center
- Her beautiful hair began falling out in random patches :(
- Started to sleep in her crib in her own room
- Tasted solid food for the first time